A place where I was longing for, but I didn't feel any excitement when I was waiting for the plane or even when touched down Heathrow Airport. What can I say? Perhaps, my heart is more to my homeland and my family now, "sis, I am having homesick." That's all I told my sis when she contacted me. She couldn't believe it since I was always the one who wish to stay away from home, but truth was, I am no longer who I used to be.
The very 1st day I arrived in Cardiff, I was expecting more from D, well, I am not sure if I should say this, but I sacrificed my time with my family for you to come here earlier, I was not hoping for that kind of treatment. I understand family comes first but they decided to come last minute, what was I supposed to say? I am grateful that the owner of the house treated me and of course I have nothing to blame about D but why the others are so mean to me? Or am I just being sensitive? Maybe they really don't mean it? Putting my mum in their shoes I can 100% guarantee that my mum will do a better job. I was disappointed throughout the Cardiff trip and even the London trip. I was excited bout the London hop on and hop off day trip booked by D but ironically, I was not able to get down to those main attraction by my feet. Believe it or not, I spent most of my time in casino. Another disappointment. However, I am really grateful to have ZY. I am sorry to rant so much and because of me, you were forced to come down to London 1 day earlier to save me out of whatever I am in.
Things got better when I left London to Southampton. Y, my bestie who is currently studying in Southampton Med school really treated me as if I am one of her family. I felt warm inside. Thanks her for making my trip a little more worth it. I felt happy every moment with her, like seriously, I enjoyed the feeling that we have not meet up at all for the past 2 years yet we have no problem of out of topic.
Next stop, Newcastle, place where I won't mind staying for long, defenitely love the emo weather but it makes me missing my family more. Comparing myself now with when I was in Melbourne, I hardly contacted my mum when I was in Melbourne, maybe once a month? But now, I have to call find her at least once a day. How time changes a person. Working with the people here is pretty awesome. People in Newcastle are so much friendly compared to the locals in London. Met a girl from Cambridge University in the research team, loving her accent and eyelashes so much. Oh well, she really reminds me of Harry Potter. Staying with all the Singaporeans nearly killed me. Sometimes I wonder where they learn their manners, and how possible can they be so dirty. Well, the whole Windsor terrace was conquered by them and of course the kitchen. I can never stepped into the kitchen when they were here. They don't clean up, they drank a lot, they made the whole common area like rubbish area. Can you imagine, the rubbish bin was full of worms? Ewwww, thinking of it now made me wanna puke. I am glad they are gone now though they left a huge mess behind. Thankfully, ZY and I managed to clean up the whole area like how ZY 1st move in.
For now, I am looking forward for the trip to the next stop, Scotland! Meeting another friend there with my batchmate. Sometimes I am truly grateful to be able to meet all the great people in the world, not to take advantage of them but to allowing me to enter their life and don't mind bringing me around when I need them. So, guess I should stop here and get back to my work.
tata!
cheers~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment